VALEES approves Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs for member districts in the Illinois State Course System (ISCS). Program approval requires minimum credit requirements in Illinois State Board of Education approved Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) codes and teacher qualifications (degree and work-related hours). Approved CIP course sequences by program area are available on the ISBE Career and Technical Education Webpage and teacher requirements are available on the ISBE Education Licensure Webpage.
Districts considering new CTE programs or reductions in CTE courses, please consult with VALEES for guidance on the program approval process or the potential negative impact on currently approved programs if course reductions are made.
New course and program development should follow the sequence of courses and course descriptions contained in the ISBE CTE program matrices. Updated 5/26/2021
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, Audio/Video and Communications
- Financial and Business Services
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security
- Personal Services
- STEM and Manufacturing
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
School year 2020-2021 approved programs by member district are linked below.